Celebrity cruise lines was rated one of the world’s best cruise lines by Conde Nast Traveler magazine. Celebrity is well known for their high levels of onboard service; in fact, their recent marketing campaign, “Starring You”, bills you as the center of their attention. Celebrity wants to provide you with an exceptional vacation experience, and here’s a little of what you’ll find on board.
Celebrity has a semi-formal theme for most cruises. You are expected to dress for dinner, but not necessarily in a tux for men. The celebrity cruise linesis well known for the excellence of their food. Meals are well planned and excellently presented.
Celebrity’s ships can carry from 98 guests to a stunning 2,852 on the Solstice class, debuting in 2008. Celebrity’s destinations are just as varied. You can sail to Alaska, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, or take a transatlantic voyage for an even longer experience.
Celebrity has a wide variety of on-board activities. Even if you choose no shore excursions, it’s unlikely you’ll get bored. Depending on the ship, Celebrity has one of the largest spas that float on the sea. On larger ships you can schedule a personal massage after a workout at the fitness center.
Besides a complete fitness area, you’re likely to find a 9-hole putting green on board (not recommended during rough seas) and a golf simulator. Recent additions include snorkeling and scuba instruction. You can even open water certified for scuba. Ping pong, basketball, volleyball, and a jogging track are other activities you’re likely to find.
Dress for dinner used to be formal, but in more and more instances is becoming less so. While you definitely don’t need a tux, a suit for the man and evening dress for the lady will depend on the cruise. Cruises with a passenger list of older, professional guests tend to be a bit dressier, while those cruises that cater mostly to the younger crowd, sometimes with children, will have a more casual atmosphere.
However, a little-known fact about Celebrity is that you can rent formalwear aboard ship for both men and women. Do call ahead to see what’s available, especially if you’re an odd size. But if that option appeals to you, it might give you more room in your suitcase to bring back souvenirs.
Talking with a travel agent who specializes in cruises is a good idea, especially for your first couple of cruises. If you have an idea of what you want out of the cruise (relaxation, adventure, particular ports of call), the cruise specialist can make sure you get set up with the perfect cruise.
Your room will be standard size, but Celebrity will ply you with amenities like high-quality linens, fresh flowers, and nice, fluffy robes. There is also room service on all ships from the dining room menu. There are televisions in every room, of course, and on the Infinity, Constellation and Summit.
Some cruise lines are better than others and offer exciting itineraries, taking you to breathtakingly beautiful locations and ports that are not regularly visited. Here is a look at top six luxury cruise lines that you can consider for booking a luxury tour:
– Disney Fantasy – This is a 130,000-ton cruise that offers guests state-of-the-art facilities. It is modeled on the Disney Dream and was designed for travelers journeying with their families. It has the capacity to accommodate 4,000 people which includes passengers and crew. Facilities provided for guest entertainment are youth clubs, live musical show, 3D movies, fireworks show and dancing in nightclubs.
– Oasis of the Seas – This is the world’s largest luxury cruise ship and it offers facilities not seen in any other cruise line. This massive ship can accommodate 6296 passengers. You can watch acrobatic water stunts in the Aqua Theater, the world’s first sea amphitheater. Step into the pool and sports zone to enjoy zip line views and surf simulators. Spruce up your evening with the Tony-award winning show Hairspray.
– Celebrity Reflection – It’s stunning Aqua Suites offer sophisticated ambience and the latest luxury comforts. This massive 126,000-ton ship is the final one of Celebrity’s Solstice Class and it can accommodate 3,046 passengers. Its SPE-Certified restaurants offer you delectable cuisine. Check out the Lawn Club Grill to enjoy outdoor grilling or unwind with the latest spa facilities from the Canyon Ranch Spa Club.
– Allure of the Seas – This is a massive 225,282-ton ship that can accommodate 5,400-passengers. It is almost a twin to the grand Oasis of the Seas. Enjoy the beauty of the Central park gardens and treat your taste buds to the delicacies of fine restaurants located here. There is a stunning aerial acrobat show at the Aqua Theater, while the Flow Rider pushes the adrenalin with zip line views and surf simulators.
– Freedom Of The Seas – This is a 155,000-ton ship that can accommodate 3,634-passengers. Its fifteen decks offer fabulous entertainment options. Staff dressed up as famous movie characters keep the kids entertainment. Adults can watch exciting 3D movie action. Live theater is sure to keep guests entertained in the evening. The more adventurous type can try rock climbing and surf simulators at the Flow Rider.
If you want to relax even more, all ships have at least one well-stocked library. Whirlpool baths, afternoon tea and pre-dinner canapes are also offered. In fact, you’ll probably need to make regular use of the fitness areas. Celebrity’s food is that good!